
Quick and easy ham for any day of the week. Goes great with scalloped potatoes or mac and cheese Also great in slow cooker
Easy Baked Ham Steaks Ingredients
1 cup water, or more as needed
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
5 whole cloves
2 slices ham steak
How to Make Easy Baked Ham Steaks
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Mix water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and cloves in a baking dish. Arrange ham steaks in baking dish, coating with sugar mixture. Add more water as needed to cover ham.
Bake in preheated oven until ham is tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
Easy Baked Ham Steaks Nutritions
Calories: 201.9 calories
Carbohydrate: 24.7 g
Cholesterol: 38.3 mg
Fat: 3.7 g
Fiber: 0.8 g
Protein: 16.8 g
SaturatedFat: 1.2 g
ServingSize:
Sodium: 1261.2 mg
Sugar: 21.5 g
TransFat:
UnsaturatedFat:
Easy Baked Ham Steaks Reviews
It smelled sooooo good cooking and I wanted to love it, but alas, it didnt work for me. I used the smallest bake dish the ham would fit into so I wouldnt have to dilute the flavors with lots of additional water needed to cover the ham, but the flavors (although good) were still muted. As the ham baked, it curled up above the cooking liquid. I flipped it over while cooking, but it still turned out dry. Perhaps covering the bake dish with foil would prevent the ham from drying out, or double the initial brown sugar/Worcestershire/clove mix.
Simple,easy and oh so goodI had only one ham steak and only used 1 cup of water and it turned out so good,I did flip it once and baked it at 350 for 40 minutes.I also covered with foil.I will make my ham steaks like this from now on.so much better than grilling it or pan frying.Thanks for the recipe:0)
Incredibly easy and delicious This ham steak passed the test with all of my picky eaters, too I used 2 lbs. ham steak, doubled all the ingredients and baked in a 9 x 13 in. baking dish, sprinkled a little ground cloves as I didnt have whole ones on hand, and flipped the ham steaks over halfway through cooking. No dry, curly meat...turned out perfect It was such easy prep, it was nice to be able to concentrate on the side dishes to accompany this meal.
The ham was nice and moist. I covered the dish with foil as others suggested, and used ground cloves instead of whole cloves. The reason why it gets three stars is because the flavors were simply too muted to really taste past the ham. If I made this again, I would use way less water-- just enough to cover the bottom of the pan, not enough to cover the ham itself-- to see if I could bring the other ingredients to the forefront. Otherwise, a very easy, straightforward recipe for dinner.
Out of this world Hubs even requested that I make ham steaks this way all the time. Followed recipe to the letter. Covered with foil while cooking and flipped 1/2 way. Highly recommend Easy, delicious, and fast. Made Mac n cheese and green beans to go with. Recipe saved
This just looked like a decent start so I had to attempt.....with a few modifications of course, the original recipe just seemed to be missing a few flavor opportunities. First off.....water was replaced with no sodium chicken stock (ham or veggie stock would be great also) and a splash of bourbon. I then added a few (10) whole black peppercorns, a bay leaf, 1t. salt (on ham only), and the brown sugar I used I smoked to give it that outdoor grill taste. I also added a pinch of crushed red pepper for a little heat. Then tossed into a 425 oven ( i run all my ovens 425) for 25 min. or so until tasty hot. Not to bad for a first run, now to fine tune this and see where it takes me.
I baked my ham covered. It made a very moist ham slice. I didnt have whole cloves either so I used about a 1/2 t. of ground cloves. Easy recipe to throw together after work.
This ham turned out so good for me. The only thing I did different is I added more brown sugar plus I used ground cloves instead of whole cloves being that I didnt have whole ones.
Delicious and easy with ingredients you have on hand.
Tasted really good. I didnt use a cup of water, though -- maybe a quarter cup -- and only 1 T. of Worcester sauce. I also added about 2 T of butter. I baked for 20 min covered with foil, turned the ham, then only 10 more min uncovered. Thirty minutes was more than long enough in the oven. Husband really liked the sauce.
I had one ham steak (16 oz.) and used the recipe exactly with less water (about 1/2 cup). I cooked at 400 degrees for 30 mins with foil on top. (I was making asparagus as well so wanted the higher temp.) It was very good and very easy. A nice change to plain ham steak with a touch of the clove flavor and very juicy.
I follow this recipe but instead of water I use pineapple syrup. I also use pineapple slices and it tastes great
Ive made this several times with ham steak from Costco (awesome ham steaks) and my family loves it. It couldnt be easier. I make two ham-steaks without doubling the Worcestershire sauce, sugar and (ground) cloves and it does the trick. I flip half way through. Very adaptable recipe when time is a concern. Ive baked as recipe states and Ive baked it low and longer when I have to run out but want dinner ready when I get back.
This recipe is just the ticket for a quick weeknight meal. I also used ground cloves and covered the ham slice while it baked. Served with Moms Favorite Baked Mac & Cheese from this site and steamed broccoli. Will certainly make this again.
Easy, peasy The ham steak wasnt very exciting, but it was really good
My family really liked this. I will keep this in my rotation of meals. It was so easy and quick to make. The ham was so juicy. I also,used two ham steaks and the recipe was still fine. I occasionally basted the ham with liquid from the baking pan. I highly recommend
You have to really like the taste of cloves to enjoy this
This had great flavor and smelled wonderful. Its one problem was that, even though I covered it with tin foil, it was still rather dry. It is still by far the best ham steak recipe Ive yet made. It tastes great with homemade mashed potatoes.
Delicious and oh so easy. I followed the recipe exactly as written. I did need to add additional water to make sure the ham was always covered. Next time I might add additional brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and whole clove due to the additional water.........on the hand, it was so good as it was, maybe not.
This is so easy and everyone loves it I serve it with homemade Mac n cheese and broccoli.
Used broth instead of water
Very good Fast easy Loved it
Excellent I placed a cookie sheet over the baking dish to avoid dry ham Thanks to previous posts, and it was a hit Additionally, I added a splash of liquid smoke, and substituted ground cloves had to make due with what was in the cupboard.
Nothing fancy, but a good way to add a bit of flavor to ham steak. Easy and quick to fix. Ingredients are common pantry items. I used 1/2 teaspoon of crushed cloves because I did not have whole cloves. Used a glass dish covered with foil. Cooked for 30 minutes at 350. No problems with curling. I will probably end up fixing this again.
Tender I didnt have cloves maybe it would have been even better.
I changed it a little. I didnt have an brown sugar but I did have honey. I only had one ham steak but I coated it in the honey (about five teaspoons). Most of the honey dissolved in the water but the broth it made was awesome. Going to use it and the left overs to make ham bone soup later this week.
I made this following the recipe. I did make an adjustment and that was thickening the liquid to make a glaze to pour over the steaks when they were done.But I forgot I had to cook uncured ham steaks longer. After trying to chew them, my kids and I gave up and back in the oven they went. I did add a little more brown sugar to the liquid. Since they were uncured ham steaks I baked them an hour and a half longer at 325. When I took them out, my 6 year old wouldnt leave them alone
Very easy to do havent tasted it yet but I just made it
The flavor was amazing 3 lbs ham steak and time was too long (35 mins.) Next time well cut down to 25 mins.
The family loved it Added some pineapple chunks. Will make it again.
I made this with 2 ham steaks. I didnt have Worcester sauce so I used Dales seasoning. I also had to slow the cook time down because we were away from the house about 3-4 hours before we ate, so I baked it at 275. The meat was SO tender with just enough sweet to it. I covered the pan with foil and had no trouble with dryness. We will do this again
I made this exactly according to the recipe. It was delicious and simple because I had all the ingrdients in my pantry. It was the perfect addition to my New Years Day Brunch. SO EASYNext time I make this, I will substitute pineapple juice for the water. I think it will be tasty and I think I will add the pineapple slices as well.
Quick and easy for me to make as a busy mom. Very tender and savory. Definitely making this again
This was good. I used chicken broth instead of water and poured in some spiced whiskey. it was easy which is what I wanted. not an amazing meal, but was quick and tasty.
Made this just as written, didnt cover with foil, turned out great
I browned & reduced in frying pan. Thick glaze.
Easy and tastes great After finding this recipe I have used it every time I cook ham. a lot of the time I double it (except for the ham) to better cover the steak.
This had a better flavor than I expected. The cloves were a nice touch. I covered my ham steaks with tin foil and baked for 35 minutes. A good, simple recipe for weeknights.
Easy, but not a fan. Really takes away the taste of the ham.
This recipe seriously missing something. Not something that I would make again.
I made to the recipe. But not to my taste. But it was easy and fast. I will stick to the grill.
I didnt have cloves handy but it turned out great I used foil in the bottom of the baking pan.
I liked the sauce recipe except I didnt use any water in it. I set the ham on a rack in a roasting pan, topped it with the sauce, Put 2 cups of water in the pan, tented it with aluminum foil, and baked for 30 minutes. It was moist and perfect
Definitely will make again Hubby and kiddos loved it
Great, super moist
My ham steak was very dry and tough.
I covered the ham with foil and turned it over halfway through. It was all right, but it was a little tough. Maybe it just needs to cook a little longer?

0 comments: