
A fast but gourmet meal for dinner guests, these sea scallops are sure to impress
Skillet Sea Scallops Ingredients
cup dry bread crumbs
teaspoon salt
1 pound sea scallops
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
How to Make Skillet Sea Scallops
Combine bread crumbs and salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Add scallops, a few at a time, and shake to coat. Repeat with remaining scallops.
Melt butter in olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; fry scallops until browned and opaque, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer scallops to a plate and keep warm.
Stir wine, lemon juice, parsley, and garlic into skillet and bring to a boil. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour lemon-wine sauce over scallops to serve.
Skillet Sea Scallops Nutritions
Calories: 340.3 calories
Carbohydrate: 20 g
Cholesterol: 69.3 mg
Fat: 19.5 g
Fiber: 0.8 g
Protein: 18 g
SaturatedFat: 6.6 g
ServingSize:
Sodium: 842.3 mg
Sugar: 1.2 g
TransFat:
UnsaturatedFat:
Skillet Sea Scallops Reviews
Hello, when I made this I used a 1 1/2 pounds of scallops. The only think I did different was add two more tbls of olive oil and 3 more tbls of salt free butter. These came out perfect with a delicious flavor, my family was I love with them. This was for the 6 servings. Probably dont need extra oil and butter for the original 4 serving portions.
Following the recipe to a tee I thought it was quite good. I would make this again. Be sure and have the sauce mixed and ready for action. Once you introduce the scallops to the skillet things heat up quickly.The sauce makes the dish what it is so dont skimp on any of the ingredients. Thank you Tanaquil for posting this fun, easy and tasty recipe.
Made this following the directions and it came out perfectly The only thing I did was make the sauce in a separate pan. Thanks :)
1.2 lbs scallops, halved the big ones, 4 T butter, 2 T oil, cooked about 7 min total, into casserole dish. 187 ml pinot grigio, juice of 1 lemon and 3 cloves garlic into pan, boil and reduce while pasta cooked. add parsley, plated 8 oz angel hair pasta, divided sauce among plates. 4 rave reviews. 1.30.16. Calculated as 500 cal.
Excellent Make sure your timers are running. The breadcrumb coating makes it a little more difficult to to tell when the scallops are done since you cant see the opaqueness of them. Great Recipe
Delicious
So easy, so good i served this with porterhouse steaks, baked taters and a garden salad. someone roll me to the exercise bike :) this is a serious date night dinner yehaw
Followed the recipe but did add a little more butter and olive oil to the skillet with the wine and other things.Better than a restaurantI think its important to rinse them first in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Follow the recipe as is and it turned out AWESOME Thank you
I love these
Husband thought this was the best scallop dish hes had inn yeard
I cant remember the last time I cooked scallops, thats how infrequent it is, but these came out superbly. The cooking time was right on, so the scallops were tender and not one bit chewy. I didnt have fresh parsley in hand so I used dried, and mixed in some dried tarragon. The sauce was delicious, but I would make more because I loooove sauce. I served it on top of imported zebra farfalle (a holiday gift from a gourmet Italian market in Pismo Beach), and garnished with arugula because I wanted some green. I made this for my husband who adores scallops, and he loved it.
Made exactly as called for and it was delicious and so easy
One of the best scallop recipes. I will make this again . Served with some sliced pickled ginger which complimented the recipe
Easy and delicious. Nothing left to say
Easy and great Not economical, though. Scallops are very expensive
I used large sea scallops I added a sprinkle of lemon juice to moisten the scallops in a bowl,also I added a sprinkle of parsley and paprika to the fine panko crumbs for the breading and lastly I did not make the sauce as we like fresh lemon they were absolutely wonderful...
I used previously frozen scallops that were basically fresh. The recipe was easy to do, and the cooked scallops tasted good. Only drawback was the lingering seafood smell in the kitchen. Leftovers reheated OK and tasted about as good as when first cooked.
A delicious, easy recipe that was a huge hit. Turns out great every time.
Delicious Everyone loved them and mopped up the sauce Highly recommend for easy, light dinner. We had brown rice and fresh tomatoes with mozzarella as sides. Perfect summer dinner.
OMG Followed the directions exactly except used avocado oil. My wife, who doesnt typically love scallops, said I could make this for her every week. She felt it was restaurant quality. Thank you so much for a wonderful dining experience.
I made it and exactly as stated , and everyone loved it. In the future, I would use 1.5 lbs. of sea scallops as Im in an all male household, and this didnt quite seem enough for the guys.
Made the recipe as the directions states. I made two separate skillets of it; one using GF breadcrumbs for my husband and one using non GF for the rest of us Delicious.
This recipe is delicious and will be in my rotation for scallop recipes. One change I made was to substitute Old Bay Seasoning for the salt mixed in with the bread crumbs. I had Holland House white cooking wine with lemon juice already in it so I just increased the white wine amount to reflect the amount of lemon juice in the recipe. I was surprised that the bread crumb mixture was able to adhere to the scallops without egg or milk but simple the natural moisture of the scallops. Dont forget to remove the strip of muscle sometimes on the side of the scallop, rinse in cold water and pat dry.
I loved these Sea Scallops, just stick to recipe and you will do fine..Scallops tasted wonderful..
Quick and fantastically flavorful Enjoyed it and will make again
This dish was very tasty. It put a new twist to the way I am use to. I will make these again for sure.
This was an absolute with my husband He loves scallops and I surprised him with this one. It was super easy to make and I just added some Parmesan cheese at the end.
Delicious
Theses tasted very good. Made one change. I used some chicken broth for the wine. My only issue with the recipe is about the directions. The skillet should be wiped with a paper towel and some more butter and olive oil should be added between the batches and even at the end, before adding the garlic, lemon,.. Otherwise the bread crumbs that come off the scallops will burn and affect the taste. And , you can see ,in some of the pictures submitted that the breads crumbs left in the skillet made the sauce gooey.
Pretty bomb, sauce needed more to it so I added red wine vinegar. also added onion powder and a lil pepper to the coating
These were wonderful. I would reduce the amount of lemon juice. That being said, it often depends on the lemons themselves as some are more "lemony". Meyer lemons would be milder and sweeter. Its sort of trial and error, so taste it first. Certainly would make these again....so easy, too.
Really good. I cooked up shrimp and salmon using the same recipe, and loved it all. Used Italian bread crumbs instead of plain.
Excellent recipe. Used a pound and a half of large frozen sea scallops. I thawed them out. I also double the sauce and made it on the side. Once the scallops were on my plate I just spooned over some of the sauce. Delicious. Would definitely make again.
Great recipe. I did as other suggested and made the sauce in a separate pan first and then poured it over the scallops after cooking.
I left the added salt out but otherwise followed the recipe. We enjoyed it and will make again.
The recipe was quick and easy. I added more wine and butter for a little bit more sauce. My husband asked if he could lick the plate. It was that good
This was very good. The breading added additional texture that does not exist in sauted scallops without it. The only change I made was to add a bit of butter to the finished sauce because it remained thin.

0 comments: