
Try this easy, moist chicken dish with a mild lime flavor and a hint of sweetness.
Limehouse Chicken Ingredients
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 lime, zested and juiced
? cup all-purpose flour
1? teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon paprika
cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
cup chicken broth
cup white wine
2 sprigs fresh mint, chopped
How to Make Limehouse Chicken
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Combine the flour, salt and paprika in a large plastic bag. Sprinkle lime juice over the chicken thighs, then place them in the bag. Shake pieces around until completely coated.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook just until browned on each side. Transfer to a baking dish. Mix together the brown sugar and lime zest; sprinkle over the chicken. Pour the chicken broth and white wine into the pan. Sprinkle mint over the top.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Chicken should be cooked through and juices will run clear.
Limehouse Chicken Nutritions
Calories: 261 calories
Carbohydrate: 12.1 g
Cholesterol: 43 mg
Fat: 16.5 g
Fiber: 0.9 g
Protein: 12.6 g
SaturatedFat: 3.5 g
ServingSize:
Sodium: 623.3 mg
Sugar: 4.9 g
TransFat:
UnsaturatedFat:
Limehouse Chicken Reviews
I used red pepper instead of paprika simply because I didnt have it. I also didnt have the wine or mint but it was still PERFECT. It was spicy sweet and citrus all at the same time. My husband even said it was worth the wait, which is REALLY good. Definitely my new favorite chickenToday I again tried this recipe but with pork chops, STILL AWESOME
I love this recipe the way it was written and my five stars are for that (If you dont like recipe changes, just stop reading now.) However, should you go to make one evening and find yourself without any limes, try these tweaks: 1 tangerine (or clementine, etc.) zested and juiced 1 T jerk seasoning (instead of paprika) 2 T white sugar (instead of brown) 1T red pepper flakes (instead of mint) Youll still get the delicious crunch and citrus zing, but with a hint of heat.
I followed the recipe until the mint. I added cilantro instead. It is awesome I really like the flavors, sweet, smoky, lemony. Really good
This was great. i had thinner chicken breasts so i baked only for 25 minutes instead of 45, and they came out incredibly tender. i threw some broccoli and orange peppers in with the broth and wine too. The orange/yellow peppers really gave it an authentic taste and look. definitely adding my arsenal of recipes.
It was very good. I made a couple of changes though, I replaced the lime with lemon and i put a little more chicken broth and more brown sugar than it called for other than that it was GREAT A+++++
Would not make again - mint makes it interesting but in a distracting way. Would make the KEY WEST chicken on the website over this.
I was not expecting much from this dish but I was very pleased with how it turned out The sweetness was nice and cut through by the lime, and the breading and baking techniques kept the chicken moist. I served this with steamed vegetables and rice and it was an easy weeknight meal.
My Family loved this. The chicken thighs were so tender and flavorful. I followed the instructions perfectly and they were wonderful
Made this pretty much as described, though I only had an orange and used that instead Also put a tiny bit of ginger into the flour/paprika mix (which I made with gluten-free flour, being celiac). It was still just fantastic; threw some sliced orange bell pepper into the skillet before popping it into the oven. Delicious, and my husband especially liked it.
This is a good recipe. I substituted sweet basil for the mint and added cilantro to counter the sweetness of the brown sugar. All in all...definitely thumbs up.
Delicious And very moist
Absolutely delicious. The first time I used unrefined white sugar instead of brown sugar just because I didnt have it. I also used twice as much lime zest and beer instead of wine. Tasted great Were trying it with chicken wings and brown sugar now. We used the double lime zest and beer again.
My whole family loved this recipe I will definitely be making it again. I did have to substitute the chicken broth for vegetable broth and didnt use the mint but still came out great. Recommend it
This has been one of my favorite recipes for 12 years I do usually use boneless chicken breasts, and during the winter use 2 tsp. dried mint when fresh is not readily available.
Oh, this was wonderful -- moist, flavorful, and the aroma just heavenly I cut back a little on the paprika and added about a 1/4th tsp of chili powder for that extra kick as well as to counterbalance the sweetness. Served it with a zucchini/summer squash/tomato saute -- my husband is still raving about it
Tasty and easy, which all in all is a good combination. Brown sugar with lime zest added a nice texture and tangy flavor however the taste teattered slightly to the sweet side, perhaps a little more zest. I was apprehensive about the mint, but couldnt resist its refreshing smell, and the result was a nice subtle addition; perhaps a Mojito along side next time to provide a complimentary flavor. Served with steamed rice topped with a spoonful of the baking broth and side of fresh steamed green beans topped with coarsely graded Parmesan, both from the local organic market. Plan on trying this recipe again with a breast cut, as the leg meat was a little fatty. Mental note, make sure to crack a window to avoid any fried chicken odor noticeable the following day. :)
The flavor was pretty good, and my two small children enjoyed it. I substituted chicken breasts for the chicken thighs. I wasnt crazy about the brown sugar topping; the lime and mint were a nice touch though.
This was an interestingly flavored dish. Half of us enjoyed the flavors and half of us didnt. The chicken was very tender but I didnt get a large lime flavor from it. Also, I really didnt care for the mint flavor, if I make this again I will use cilantro.
Delicious I followed the recipe exactly and this chicken is to die for. Its so tender and juicy that it just falls apart. We loved the brown sugar & zest topping so much that I think Ill put extra on next time.
This is probably my favorite dish from Allrecipes to date I didnt change a thing other than the portion size since it was just for my husband and I. Oh, and I had to use a lemon instead of a lime.... LOVED IT I will definitely make this again in the future
Fixed this for dinner tonight and it was super yummy. Followed the directions as given....but only had dried mint on hand. Made the house smell good too
Very delicious We endeed up having this for Easter lunch, I think I would have preferred white meat instead of dark meat...maybe it could have been a little healthier since it was breaded chicken.
Good way to finish up a family pack of thighs after Cuban Chicken & Yellow Rice dish Very tasty
I made this with chicken thighs, but kept the skin on b/c I like to have crispy skin on top. I used 2/3c of flour b/c I wasnt sure if 1/3 would be enough. I put it in a large ziploc bag with the salt and paprika. I browned for a few minutes in olive oil, which next time I will not use. I placed them in the baking dish with the rest of the ingredients. This was my first time zesting anything, and I found it a little frustrating, but the little bit of zest I got was enough. I did not use the mint. I poured more broth over the chicken as it was cooking. Overall, it was tasty and my picky boyfriend enjoyed it and took it to work for lunch the next day, and his spanish coworker enjoyed it. I did have trouble with the aroma in the house afterwards, which smelled like a lime beer brewery
My husband and I both liked the recipie. My 10 year old did not. I made it excactly except for the mint. It was flavorful and it made its own sauce while cooking. I think I will try it with lemons next time around.
Nice meal for a warm summer day.
Very good. Instead of regular paprika, used Smoked - Delish Will make it again for sure. Also used fresh mint, and a table white wine.
Just made this last night and it was very good except it was a little too sweet and not enough lime, i would cut back on the brown sugar & just do 1 tbsp of brown sugar and more lime zest but i will definatly make this again
This was ok.
I have made this several times. My only change is I cut chicken breasts in half to resemble the same portion size as a thigh. I used dried mint once and fresh mint the second time and really could not taste the difference. I have a book that I print recipes out and put in plastic sleeves only after they have been taste tested several times. This one makes the cut Love it.
Wow The family loved this I did add a dash or two of cayenne in the "shake and bake bag". Fabulous recipe Highly recommend
We made some substantial alterations to fit our schedule. We placed chicken legs (not thighs) in crockpot and drizzled with lime, salt, paprika, olive (not vegetable) oil, 2 T coconut (not brown) sugar, and1/4 cup each wine and broth. After cooking on low 6 hours, we transferred to a roaster and roasted for fifteen minutes at 400 degrees to crisp the skin. Before serving, we drizzled with lime juice and sprinkled with lime zest, leaving off the mint at others suggestions. DELICIOUS.
The chicken had a really interesting flavor that was bit like fruit loops. I missed the step where you dip the chicken in the lime juice, so I cooked the chicken in the lime juice instead of oil, which gave it a much stronger lime flavor. I put a lot of mint on the top of the chicken before putting it in the oven, but because it didnt have any moisture we lost most of the mint flavor. Next time Ill mix the mint in with the liquids so it doesnt dry out.
This recipe is easy & delicious I make it often. I use breasts & thighs because my husband prefers white meat.
Simple, different, and my husband agreed it should be added to our regular rotation : ) I am not a big fan of paprika, so I used 1/2 Tbs of curry powder in place of the Tbs of paprika. I also used apple juice in place of the white wine, since I didnt have any white wine on hand. Tonight Ill be making it again - this time with orange and lemon in place of the lime. (The limes at the grocery did not look so hot this week.)
This is a lovely recipe The chicken was flavorful and moist. Thanks for sharing
When we made this I put it in the slow cooker for a few hours after making, then into the oven to crip it up and we loved it. The chicken was so tender it fell off the bones. Will do it like this again.
This was really, really good I omitted the salt, used only 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, sprinkle of poultry seasoning and pepper with the flour. I only needed 2 tbsps oil to fry the chicken. For the sauce I used 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp chicken better than boullion and 1 tbsp minced garlic mixed into 1 cup water.I added the sauce and leftover flour to the frying pan and whisked while bringing it to a boil, added the chicken back to the pan then baked 30 minutes at 350.Next time I make chicken piccata I will add 1 tbsp of brown sugar I think it really made a nice flavour in this recipe.
I have to be honest that I did not make this as the recipe stated. I read it and then began making it while doing 8 different other things. Here is what I did: I used breasts (not thighs) and did not measure any of the ingredients. I only drizzled a tad bit of oil in the pan to brown the chicken (wish I used more) Once I transferred the chicken to the baking dish, I did not have a fresh lime so I just sprinkled more lime juice over the brown sugar. I glanced at the recipe and saw chicken broth so I poured some in the pan and sent it to the oven. I probably didnt put near enough liquid in that was called for...BUT...the chicken still turned out rather well. The flour was a bit gummy in spots but overall, not bad for not reading the directions clearly. I will try this again and really follow the recipe Thanks...
If you dont have lime, lemon works super, too
Sorry folks, my family really didnt like it. Too sweet, not enough lime or mint and the flour coating was just soggy. On the plus side the chicken was very moist and tender.
This smelled SO GOOD while cooking. I didnt think the chicken broth/wine was necessary. I am going to experiment in the future with ways to make it crispier and limey-er, but otherwise it was delightful.
Very good I didnt have a lime so I used lime juice from the bottle and did not add lime zest. We really didnt care for the mint so next time Ill omit that. I would definately make this again.
Both me and my husband and all the kids really liked this. Everyone went up for seconds except for my one picky son. Will definetely make this again. Only drawback is that I have to open a bottle of wine to make it.
Next time ill use less brown sugar.(i thought it was perfect but my husband said it was too sweet)i also added cayenne pepper to the dry mix/ coating.now, dont know if its just me, but i missed the part in the recipe about where to put the deglazed drippings?i poured it over the chix ( i used chix breast fillets so cooking time was 15 mins ) before baking which mightve been a mistake; the chix was not crunchy . it was very moist, not dry at all thanks to the sauce i addedoh, & i used the zest of 2 limes (tip: invest in a microplane/ zest grater. a cheese box grater just doesnt do)all in all, this was delish
Very tasty, moist and tender I used cilantro instead of mint and it worked very well
This has to be THE best chicken recipe ever. Dont change a thing Except maybe for the wine choice, could be complimented nicely with a margarita
My husband and I both really enjoyed this, and Im not big on chicken so thats saying something We left out the mint and since we didnt have low-sodium broth, we cut the salt down to 1/2 tsp without a need for more. Next time (and trust me there will be a next time) well try using cilantro in place of the mint, and maybe lessen the sugar as it was pretty sweet. Overall a delicious recipe though
Love, love, love this chicken dish My husband couldnt get enough of it. Made recipe as is with no changes or substitutions.
Didnt have any mint on hand, but it was still very good.
AMAZING. Just perfect, as is.
Excellent I didnt have any white wine so i just used the chicken broth and i didnt feel like a trip to the store for mint so i substituted cilantro. The lime with the brown sugar is delicous. I will definitely make this again.
Great recipe for a nice summer day I love the citrusy flavor that the lime gives the dish. I made just as suggested in the recipe and it turned out great. I have to say, though, that my oven cooking time was MUCH shorter than in the directions. I served this with green beans and cornbread.
We loved this recipe My husband loved it so much that he wanted to steal my portion. This is a definite winner and I WILL be making it again. By the way, I didnt alter the recipe at all.
I made this for dinner two nights ago and it turned out very good. The chicken was moist and crispy. I loved the combination of flavors, the lime was very tasty and the brown sugar and lime zest with mint was a great combination. Will definitely make again.
Looks pretty, but just tastes okay straight out of the oven. The chicken is nice and tender, but the flavor doesnt quite develop until the next day or so.I think it might need more lime zest or lime, but Im not sure.
Loved the flavors. Pounded boneless chicken breasts until even thickness and baked for only 20 minutes after they were well browned.
Didnt change a thing - this dish is perfect as it is
We thoroughly enjoyed this. Its super easy and super tasty. Next time, I will plan to serve this over noodles, and thicken that wonderful chicken broth-wine mixture in which the chicken cooks. I did use chicken tenders, and cooked them for about 30 minutes in the oven.
Absolutely wonderful I followed directions almost exactly the only things that I did do differently was to add a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the flower seasoning and to switch out the mint for cilantro because fresh mint was not available where I live. So incredibly delicious Could not get enough I will definitely be making this again very soon... maybe with my own twists on it
This is a great recipe. Saute the chicken in a cast iron pan and then bake in the same to get all the goodness.family loved this and it was so tender and flavourful. will be adding this one to my regular dinner menu list.
Just okay, was expecting more lime and a lighter summer feel - it just seemed heavy
I only had 2 chicken breasts so I pretty much third every ingredient except I didnt have flour so I subbed with corn meal, no paprika so I used red chili pepper. And for the lime I juiced what I could salvage from a mixture of 4-5 limes/lemons that were probably at least a couple months old, lol..the REAL reason I was looking for a recipe to use up that stuff. Also, I just had the meat sit in a ziplock bag of the acidic juices over night instead of mixing it with whatever the recipe calls for. And after browning the meat and prepping it for baking, I spooned the brown sugar over the still hot chicken and sprinkled dried sweet basil I had on hand until it looked pretty (I didnt have mint) Also, I probably browned the meat between 8-10 minutes and then had them bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Came out tender, moist, and flavorful
Great easy recipe. I added a bit of butter to the pan when frying to add that extra bit of flavor. I added a bit more of the wine and stock then drained off the extra into the pan that I fried the chicken in. I topped it up with the rest of the stock that I had from the can, the juice of 1/2 a lime and reduced it down over high heat. Made an excellent glaze. Will make again, thanks for the contribution.
I used 4 small boneless breasts, no mint or zest and it was awesome Will def make again
Wow what a fun sounding recipe. I will definitely be making this and will be back to review.
It was good. I used whole wheat flour and no white wine or Mint all three because its what I had or didnt have.. It came out good. I expected it to be more limey it wasnt. Ill make it again and try to make it more Limey next time. Overall good :)
We love this recipe Really delicious.
I loved this definatley my new favorite it was also really good made with silver tequila and adding lemon to the lime and a little extra brown sugar and mint. i will definatley be making this again and soon
Wonderful recipe My whole family thought it was DELICOUS I will definitely be making this often
My family loved this Its delicious smell permeated my house - and I was asked to make it again soon I didnt have any white wine so I just used the same amount of chicken broth. I dribbled a little lime/jalapeno-infused olive oil on it when I was browning the chicken and I think it was a nice touch.
Chicken was very moist and flavorful. Exactly the right amount of lime to give it a bright, fresh taste. Husband liked it and asked to put it in our recipient rotation.
Wonderful recipe. My husband does not like anything sweet on his meat. He loved this dish.
I always use skin on bone in thighs for recipes like this. The skin was crispy and delicious, and if you dont like the skin you can always remove it after cooking. I find it greatly helps both the flavor and keeps the meat nice and moist.
Nice easy recipe. I read some of the other reviews and did add red pepper as well. The chicken was fabulous and the juice it produced was great over the rice and squash we served it with. My only other change was to mix panko crumbs in the flour mixture. It added texture and nice little crispies to the juice. Thanks Will make again
I made this for Fathers Day with rice and another recipe (garlic broccoli). The chicken turned out perfect. The only thing I did differently was use bottled lime instead of fresh and sprinkled dry mint instead of fresh (just didnt have on hand). The chicken was absolutely PERFECT. My daughter has her degree in Culinary Arts and she was praising the chicken. A+
Very tasty, left out the mint as a preference. Simple dish thats easy to make.
I love the lime zest/brown sugar topping
Made it exactly as written and enjoyed it, will make it again. Paired it with just vegetables and a small starter garden salad and white wine. No ingredients overpowered each other and liked the lime and sweetness that made this dish unique.
This recipe is killer The only change I made was that instead of wine I used more chicken broth. This is seriously a restaurant worth dish I have never rated anything but feel this recipe deserved 5 stars
Very good. I will use chicken breast next time and put it on a cookie sheet for the last few minutes.
Its fine. I didnt taste the lime at all. I really only tasted the brown sugar which gave the chicken a nice sweetness.
This is a staple recipe in my household. My mom even asked for the recipe, so I printed it out and gave it to her, now she makes it all the time.
We just had this for dinner this evening. It was just not good. I thought it sounded fun sort of like a mojito chicken. Brown sugar and chicken do not go together.
I thought this dish was great but BF did not like it. I used BLSL thin sliced breast. In place of paprika I used chili powder. Would make again for myself.
This was okay. I thought I browned the chicken well enough before I put it in the oven, but the crust came out kind of soggy. I did use less chicken, which was probably a factor, but despite the texture, the flavor wasnt enough to knock my socks off anyway. Although one bite I took did taste like lime Trix, which was awesome.
Easy great recipe. Added 1/4 C bell pepper last two min. of frying turned out great.
Delish just as is. Id like to try breast meat too.
Have made this recipe about a dozen times now and it is pretty much my favorite chicken recipe The only thing i change is that i usually dont have any mint on hand so I have a cilantro seasoning blend I add to the top. My picky kids even like it Thanks so much for sharing
One of my best finds in a long long time The brown sugar and mint you put over the top kind of caramelizes over the chicken creating a nice light crust on the top. The flavors are amazing, and this is the first time I can say that for a first run with a recipe without altering and adding my own touches to it. I should have made a double recipe for my family of 4 as a fight almost broke out with my kids over who got the last piece of chicken. This will be in the regular rotation for sure Thanks for the awesome recipe
Great taste, reasonably quick, easy. I will use more flour next time.
Very simple and very yummy
Ive made this a couple times now and always get rave reviews, even with small tweaks when needed. Its a very forgiving recipe and versatile with different herbs and citrus. I also try to cook paleo as much as possible, so I use almond flour for this and it works great in place of the regular flour.
OMG, I tend to try recipes while my trucker boyfriend is on the road, this one is perfect I worried, because I thought there may have been too much wine (and god forbid I taste it); LOL But wow easy, tasty and different Didnt change a thingMaking this when hes home again, Ill dress it up and make it a special dinner Thanks for the share ??
Amazing
Very nice. A different flavour. Easy to make
Really nice
This is a GOOD chicken recipe
I follow this recipe every time I make Mexican chicken . Its very flavorful and goes great with spanish rice and guacamole.

0 comments: