Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Vegan Chorizo Chili

I looked at a bunch of vegan chili recipes trying to find one that I really liked. This recipe is a remix/modification of a great recipe. I could probably double the soy chorizo, as its my absolute favorite meat substitute and I cant get enough of it. Your mileage may vary. I also dont get too caught up on what should or shouldnt be in chili.

Vegan Chorizo Chili Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

  • 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped

  • white onion, finely chopped

  • 1 jalapeno pepper, minced, or to taste

  • 4 cloves garlic, minced, or to taste

  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder

  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt

  • 1 dash adobo seasoning sauce (such as Frontera Chipotle Pepper Adobo)

  • 12 ounces soy chorizo (such as Trader Joes)

  • 2 (16 ounce) cans tri-bean blend, drained and rinsed

  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice

  • 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable stock

  • 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced

How to Make Vegan Chorizo Chili

  1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno pepper. Cook and stir until softened, about 6 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, and adobo sauce. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

  2. Add soy chorizo to the pan and break it up with a wooden spoon until crumbled, about 2 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, vegetable stock, and sweet potatoes. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes soften and flavors meld, 45 to 60 minutes.

Vegan Chorizo Chili Nutritions

  • Calories: 517.3 calories

  • Carbohydrate: 64.7 g

  • Cholesterol:

  • Fat: 16.4 g

  • Fiber: 17 g

  • Protein: 28.4 g

  • SaturatedFat: 3 g

  • ServingSize:

  • Sodium: 2721 mg

  • Sugar: 7.3 g

  • TransFat:

  • UnsaturatedFat:

Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: