Saturday, February 11, 2023

Cosmopolitan

This is a civil cocktail mon cherie

Cosmopolitan Ingredients

  • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger vodka

  • fluid ounce cointreau

  • 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice

  • 1? fluid ounces cranberry juice

  • 1 twist lime zest, garnish

How to Make Cosmopolitan

  1. Pour all the ingredients into a shaker with lots of ice. Shake vigorously for several seconds and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a lime twist.

Cosmopolitan Nutritions

  • Calories: 174 calories

  • Carbohydrate: 13.3 g

  • Cholesterol: 0 mg

  • Fat: 0.1 g

  • Fiber: 0.2 g

  • Protein: 0.1 g

  • SaturatedFat: 0 g

  • ServingSize:

  • Sodium: 2.5 mg

  • Sugar: 11.4 g

  • TransFat:

  • UnsaturatedFat:

Cosmopolitan Reviews

  • This is a good cocktail, like most bars make it. The secret to an awesome Cosmo is using 1 tsp. of Roses Lime Juice instead of lime. It balances tart of cranberry. You can get Roses at most grocery stores.

  • The perfect way to get bombed on a summer afternoon.

  • This is really good. I have always liked cosmos, and wanted to make one myself...i felt like such a pro One great variation is to use white cranberry juice, it looks very pretty, gaining only a very slight green color from the lime juice. Men seem to be more receptive to the "non-pink" drink as well :o)

  • I loved this drink.....think I am addicted. I ran out of cranberry juice, but had raspberry-cranberry juice on hand....nice variation...raspberries, cranberries, limes and the orange cointreau. Will definitly be making more of these

  • Very strong, but oh-so-smooth, and quite tasty () so watch out. I made ice-cold pitchers of these for a party, rented cosmopolitan glasses and the women were wild about them. The men werent too crazy about the idea of drinking pink drinks, so they stuck to the beer, though.

  • Fabulous Try using rasperry Stolis for something Absolutely Fabulous

  • After a few rounds of these delicious drinks, my boyfriends parents begged him to propose

  • Whoa I have to admit, this is my first Cosmopolitan drink. It is pretty refreshing and tasteful. I know this is a girly drink but I love this drink Call me a sissy if you want to :-)

  • Fabulous drink I just love these, especially after a rough day. The only thing I do different is to garnish with a lemon twist vs. a lime twist.

  • Unbelievably good

  • Tried and True I love this Girly Girl Drink Its PrettyIts PINK But watch out girls.. This ones Made to Sip while Sitting Pretty...

  • This is an amateur cosmo - it might as well be a Cape Cod with all of that cranberry juice. A real cosmo is barely pink - martini-style. The way this recipe is written it should just be served over ice - maybe add a splash of club soda.

  • Yummy This is a refreshing adult drink

  • Too sweet for me. If you really want to be knocked out (not literally I hope), try this: 1 ounce ginger-infused vodka (like Skyy), 1 ounce plain vodka, 1 ounce Cointreau, 1 ounce "Just Cranberry," 1 ounce fresh lime juice and one-half ounce simple syrup. Put a couple of ice cubes in your shaker and shake well. Serve in a chilled glass. Beautiful color and taste. Works fine with all plain vodka too. Whatever you do, dont use the cranberry juice cocktail stuff. Use the real cranberry.

  • This was very good Based on other reviews I used Roses lime juice and substituted Triple Sec for the Cointreau. Incredible New fav drink

  • Very good - but definitely use the Roses Lime instead of Lime Juice. Its sweeter. I cant afford cointreau either, so I just used triple sec. Maybe with cointreau, the real lime juice is ok. Grand Marnier would probably be great also - if you can afford USD40 for a bottle or orange liquer.

  • Yum Now I have to buy the glasses . . .and the cocktail shaker.

  • Very yummy I added a bit more cranberry juice

  • I made this with Crystal Lite Raspberry drink to cut back on the carbs and it was perfect.

  • Although this is a kind of martini, and Ive drank a lot of cosmos in the past, I found this mix really lacked something - so I changed it. I added 1 1/2 oz of vodka, 1 oz of triple sec (I had no cointreau), and about 2.5 oz of cranberry juice, this was the perfect mix

  • This is a fabulous cosmo Lots of ice and the cointreau are the secret Thanks for sharing

  • Made a shaker of these, watched my favorite show..that made them famous :-) Yum Thanks for this great recipe

  • This was my first attempt at making a cosmo at home. Yum I used triple sec instead of cointreau, Roses sweetened lime juice, and cran-raspberry juice. I rimmed the glass with sugar and garnished with a lime wheel. Fantastic These will really sneak up on you, so I limit myself to one... or maybe two...

  • This is the classic cosmo recipe for sure, but I used new Smirnoff Cranberry vodka instead. Makes the drink much better.

  • I made the thrifty version using Roses Lime Juice, Raspberry vodka, and Triple Sec. They are oh so smooth poured into a frosted Martini glass. Im afraid to have more than two.

  • Just finished making cosmo and all I can say is Oh Yeah

  • Try it with orange or mandarin vodka.

  • Very Yummy I didnt havve cointreau, so I used triple sec instead. I also doubled the cranberry juice. WOHOO Pah-tay

  • This is an Excellent Cosmo recipe Perfect for the holidays with the girls

  • Im a beer girl so this was my first attempt at making mixed drinks. Made these for a bachelorette party and everyone LOVED them Even got compliments from a guest who is a bartender Made them virgin for a pregnant guest by substituting Sprite for vodka.

  • I brought this recipe on our annual girlfriends weekend getaway and everybody agreed that it was the best Cosmopolitan we ever had. I used Absolute Citron vodka. Dont know if that made any difference but they were wonderful Thanks,Goldie

  • Finally, someone that knows how to make a Cosmopolitan I use Raspberry Stolis or if I dont have that on hand, Cran-Raspberry juice with a splash of Roses Lime juice, just a personal preference thing. But, this recipe is great just the way it is written. Thank you

  • Booze is good

  • Love this I always use raspberry stoli.

  • Goes from 4 to 5 stars if you only fill the glass halfway and pour champagne into the glass. Dont stir it. Yum.

  • These are good, a little too strong...definately not for a lightweight. i barely finished one. when i sober up ill try again. probably more cranberry.

  • I thought this was perfect I hate ordering Cosmos at restaurants that dont know how to make them properly. Never, ever, ever use Roses lime juice, as some suggested. That is like using Sweet and Low instead of sugar in a recipe. It tastes off and artificial. Also, Cointreau is the best orange liquor. Much better quality than Triple Sec. I just wish I would have thought to freeze my martini glass ahead of time

  • I use lemon instead of the lime juice sometimes . . . tastes great Double the recipe and it all fits nicely in a martini glass.

  • I made these for a party recently and everyone loved them. This was my very first try at making cosmos. GRRRReat.

  • LOVE this drink I also made a few changes, similar to the other reviewers. I use Roses lime juice (purchase at the grocery store to save money). I substituted triple sec for the Cointreau because of cost. I also used citrus vodka because it was what I had on hand. Delicious

  • This is yummy I didnt have cointreau, so I just omitted it. If you are used to a sweeter drink, garnish the rim of the glass with sugar. I will definitely make this again.

  • Yum...I wanted a nice drink for a dinner and thought the mix here would be good and it was :-)) Its perfect..if anything maybe go slightly easy on lime juice to expose more of the other tastes

  • These cosmos always get rave reviews whenever I serve them.

  • We thought this was too strong/bitter. Will try again with Roses Lime Juice as another reviewer suggested.

  • Great concoction Pure magic I recommend using sweetened lime juice because regular lime juice makes the drink cloudy.

  • Way too strong for my taste..

  • For extra flavor, cut lime in half and crush it with ice, (muddle) the remove rind, squeezing out all the juice. Add rest of the ingredients and shake really well. The colder the better. Rub rim of glass with lime. Put sugar on small plate then place glass rim side down and coat with the sugar. Awesome

  • These are deceivingly delicious...strong but you cant tell. I had three and was tore up My husband didnt like them, he thought they tasted like grapefruit juice. I will definitely make these again

  • The best cosmo I ever had Great mix

  • Very, very yummy Great cocktail to serve to guests.

  • A little sweet for my taste as-is. Using Cranberry/Raspberry juice and juice from a fresh lime (rather than reconstituted) gave it a very pleasing tartness to offset the sweetness. After those modifications, it was a sure "5" star.

  • Yum, one of my favorite drinks to order before dinner

  • If using 100% cranberry juice, its way too sour; if using cranberry drink its ok. I also used Roses Lime Juice instead of fresh lime juice. My niece said it tased just like what the bartenders make-which may be good or bad

  • Just the right proportions for the perfect cosmo

  • Since I had never had one of these drinks in a bar/lounge, I wasnt really sure how to proceed. allrecipes.com to the rescue Because of all the good input from "drinkers" on this site I tailored one to suit my taste. Used Roses lime juice, a splash of lemon juice and had to add a couple of pkts. of sweetner to balance it. Ive found using several pkts. of sweetner (yellow pkts.) is easier than making simple syrup. Used the other ingredients as written. Kinda prissy drink but very tasty. My DH said: REAL men dont drink pink drinks ;o) Thanx yall

  • Absolutely delicious

  • Light and refreshing

  • Ive always made this at home with the same ingredients just different measurements. These are definitely the best measurements. Ive never had a better home-made cosmo And I use Roses lime juice instead of actual lime.

  • I didnt have Cointreau so I used carioca and pomegranted juice and it was lovely.

  • I set out to make this as written. Then, I discovered our cranberry juice was so old it had gigantic "floaters" so I had to sub Ocean Spray Diet Sparkling Cranberry juice (which I prefer, anyway). Im not a fan of orange, nor do we stock cointreau, so I left it out. Despite the blue appearance in my photo from the blue martini glass, this was a nice reddish drink. Im still going to stick to beer, but this was a nice change of pace. I rimmed the glass w/raw sugar to add some texture. Thanks for the recipe, Goldie

  • Not quite sweet enough for me (and Im not really a girly drink kind of person), but I think if I used triple sec instead of contreau it would be perfect.

  • Nothing like Ive had in the bar, WAY too strong for me. I "watered" it down with lots more cranberry & lime.

  • I made this with very cold Grey Goose vodka and these were great It is so smooth but be careful because these drinks can sneak up on you.

  • I used triple sec instead of buying the more expensive cointreau and they still turned out great Cheers

  • Its a good recipe. But a little strong for me. So I have to use more cranberry juice. I like it.

  • This cosmo was as good or better then the ones you would get at a bar. Ive been searching for a great Cosmo recipe and now I found it

  • Perfect, and a fun way to get bombed while camping

  • Delicious A classic girly drink thats still very potent.

  • This is a good recipe, I changed the portions a bit in order to make 2 drinks at a time. Fill shaker 3/4 full of ice. I used 2 oz vodka, 1 oz Triple Sec, the juice of one small lime or half of a large lime and added cranberry juice to tasate (almost to the top).

  • Our guests were blown away by this cosmopolitan, they all loved it.

  • Best with lime rubbed around the rim of the glass and very little or no lime juice. Extra cranberry juice is fine...

  • Almost perfect, for my tastes. I add a tad more Cointreu and a bit less cranberry juice. You can mix it up with orange flavored vodka, if you prefer. Thats very good. You can also use white cranberry juice, instead of the red. Yummy.

  • Way too strong I added extra cranberry juice and it still had such an odd flavor. I tried it with Roses Lime Juice, regular lime, and even tried both. I ended up adding beer to this to cut the sweetness. Works like a charm with just about any cocktail, but Ill keep looking to find something that fits my tastes. Thanks for the recipe

  • This is a fantastic recipe for cosmos. I however prefer to use Roses lime cordial instead of fresh lime juice. It really helps balance the cranberry juice. Yum

  • These are great I just made it to test out before I have some friends over. I had Ciroc vodka on hand and also used Light Cranberry Juice. Next time Ill try the Roses Lime juice like others have suggested.I definitely recommend using a quality vodka like Grey Goose or Kettle One - that makes all the difference

  • Loved this recipe Made it for a special party. Only one guest thought it tasted like cough syrup My 92 yr old mom loved it and shes not a vodka drinker She asked for it again Thought it tasted just like you get at a bar. A bartender/liquor store employee told me I could use Triple Sec instead of cointreau and I did Will make over and over again THANKS

  • These are quite nice for special occasions.

  • A friend of mine made me a Cosmo. Id never had one before and thought it was too sweet. So, I tried making my own using this recipe. WOW Im the one making the Cosmos now.

  • These are a great drink for a girls get together or just one of those days.

  • Ive been using this recipe exactly as written for years now and I frequently compare it to cosmos I order when Im out. No others compare. This is delicious. It is a bit on the strong side - easily adjusted to taste with more cranberry cocktail. The cointreau makes a difference, I believe. I think most bars make it with Triple Sec (cheaper) and thats the difference Im tasting. Gotta go make a batch for our party tonight - our guests are in for a treat. Thank you, Goldie

  • Very good I made these for a girls night and they were a hit Pretty in pink

  • Yum This was our first experiment making cocktails and they were delicious.

  • Everyone loved this recipe. One change I made is I use Citron Absolute vodka. Plus I still add the lime juice.

  • Great for a rainy Saturday night in.

  • This is quickly becoming one of my favorite drinks. Pour into a martini glass type glass. Very easy and impressive for company.

  • I added a splash of sweet and sour... everyone loved them

  • Really good. A bit too sweet for some tastes, though.

  • I made my first Cosmo last night using this recipe. It was delicious My friend had never tried one before and loved it. I cut the amount of vodka down by about half since we were heading out for dinner later. YUM

  • Excellent Thank you

  • MAMASPICE LOVES HER SOME MARTINIS Use premium Grey Goose Vodka (go wild and try the orange or lemon flavors) and Roses Lime juice. Be sure to give the keys to someone else cause you wont be driving after a few of these These and Dirty Martinis are THE BEST

  • I subbed the vodka for Deep Eddy Ruby Red. Its delicious, but I would double the recipe with less cranberry.

  • It was good; I made it both ways - once with the Roses Lime Cordial as one reviewer suggested, and once with fresh lime juice. I preferred the version with the Lime Cordial, surprisingly I think next time I make it, I MAY use a half ounce more cranberry juice, but then its probably not a true Cosmopolitan. Either way, nice cocktail for any time of the year

  • My husband makes this but we use the cran-pomegranate juice. Lately, we have taken to using blood orange liqueur as well.

  • I used triple sec instead of cointreau and it is still delicious.

  • So glad you use real lime juice and not roses which is made of high fructose corn syrup And cointreau, not triple sec

  • Awesome, no frills, just a cosmopolitan.

Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments: